Two half-day workshops for natural resource professionals, law enforcement officers and other people who interact with anglers are planned as a partnership between Florida Sea Grant, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, and the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council.
Topics will include:
- FWC Fisheries Management and state rule updates
- Introduction to the Gulf Council and federal rule updates
- Red Tide and fisheries
- Shellfish harvesting and management
- Law enforcement updates
- New redfish research findings (Punta Gorda)
- Climate change and fisheries (Palmetto)
The first workshop will be held April 26 at the Laishley Marina Community Room, 120 Laishley Court, in Punta Gorda. The second is scheduled for May 5 at the Manatee County Extension, 1303 17th St. West, Palmetto. Both will run from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. and the programs starting at 9 a.m.